...

Do us all a great favor and enter with a sense of humor. Marco...!

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bandage Dresses and Why You are Boring

It’s true, I am brutally honest. People say there is a fine line between being honest and being rude. I say it depends on who you are talking to. Maybe 40% of the people I know I could never be honest with because their expectations for reality are really low. So if I do ever so share my honest opinion I am usually shunned. But more in like a secret way, that everyone else knows but me. That’s what I call fake but that’s another blog topic. Continuing on!

Everyone else will ask me to be honest with them and I am. I will wipe the glare from your eyes and show you the truth. The friends I do have left appreciate my honesty and value my opinion. You want to know if you look fat in those jeans, yes. You want to know if your bra is giving you back fat, yes. You want to know if you look alright tonight, no. In the great debate of Herve Leger bandage dresses, do I agree that they are out of style, yes. Does that stop women from wearing them, no. But someone women just like to look tacky when they go out.

Recently, I was in conversation with someone who went out over the weekend and saw a group of girls in their late twenties/early thirties... ALL wearing bandage dresses. These girls are old enough to know when these dresses became a huge “no” in the fashion world. The only time they are a yes is when you have paired them with another piece of clothing and major accessories. Worn alone, boring. You are a boring person. I am sure the women who wear these dresses still, most likely wear the same hairstyle over and over again. Boring.

Seriously, go back and look at your friends Vegas pics and you will see all the girls in the club wearing these dresses. Where has the creativity gone! Why can’t you just let this style die!

I’ve owned 2 of these dress and maybe only wore them a couple times when they were in style. There was nothing exciting about them. They were easy, simple and very little thought ever went into planning that outfit. No fun. Don’t be that girl that shows up to the club and all your friends are in the same style dress. Lame-O was his name-O.

Oh and for the women who need reminders for the goods they carry; if you have a big ass and you just want to show it off, the bandage dress is probably perfect for you, while dancing in a rap video licking sugar sticks from ones hand. But if you have a fat ass, we already know about it, we know that ass is fat. Same goes for tiggo bitties. We already know your shit is huge. What if the roles were reversed and we saw men wanting to show off their goods? I am not ready to see men wondering around with really tight pants showing their bulge. Ew (Jimmy Fallon/Sara voice from Ew show). I mean there are men who already do that, but we all usually think ew already.

If you can't handle the truth then don't ask me.

No comments: