...

Do us all a great favor and enter with a sense of humor. Marco...!

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Misery loves company

We've all heard the saying, "you may be the sweetest peach, but not everyone likes peaches,". I've heard a few people say this to me and every time I've heard it, it's sounds differently. I totally get the saying but the situation I was in at those times, made absolutely no sense on why a person would say that. There are mean girls, there are racists girls. I've finally accepted that in my life. I understand that some girls need to have that bit of drama I'm their life in order to feel like they are alive. I understand that other girls will judge you one day and ask to have coffee with you the next. My problem is that I am too forgiving, too trusting of others. I'm Christian, my job is to forgive and move forward. My job is to spread the word of our good Lord. But recently, rascim set in to a person I least expected it from, and it came with a bit of shock. 

We know that money is the root of all evil. I think social media has taken over that place and has become such a toxic wasteland for those who love to sunbathe in others misery. I just found out that a remake of Left Behind is being filmed, starring Nicholas Cage. I was pretty excited about that since there aren't too many Christian like movies out these days. So when I saw this on my friends Facebook page, I did what any passionate person would do; share it on my wall for others to see. However, my innocent post offended someone close to me and assumed that the post was about her. I do have the right to my opinion, my beliefs, my passion. As does everyone else, with their own opinions, beliefs and passions. It's not my job to judge. But my post what general. To everyone who wanted to read it. If you don't like what I say, unfriend me. I wouldn't be offended by it. 

However, this person decided to "get me back" by posting something ill and disgusting about me to the world and tagged all of the people we know, except for me. The person she was making the post about. Someone close to me, who has been in our home to celebrate birthdays and holidays. I didn't get a chance to see this post, however everyone else did. Including my brother. Of all the people to tag, my brother? It just has me wonder now, was she serious? Did she realize what she was doing? I'm not so sure what was going through her mind, but I knew what was going through mine. I take no joy in attempting to crush others beliefs. So apparently because I like to post about God and what I believe, that made me a whore. I'm not sure where those two fit next to each other. But she did and didn't hold back on how she felt. Her self confidence must be at a low level, I assume, for her to think that my post on Facebook along with the other 200 people on there, thought it was singling her out. My life is much too busy to play on Facebook and talk about her. 

I decided to forgive her. To acknowledge that my heart hurts and that I am saddened by her action. But I do forgive her. It's not my job to judge. I'm not her mother, no one is scolding her. God will judge her. My mother has always said that you can tell a lot about someone by their actions. Of course judgement tried to set in but I overcame it because it would bring me down to the same level she is. Everyone goes through struggles and some have more demons to fight off than others. All I can do is pray for her well being and hope one day she will be at peace and not want to say hurtful things. 

No ones life is perfect, but we have the choice to be happy or sad. Some chose misery because they receive comfort from others and feel that is going to be the only way to socialize. Some chose happiness because it lifts them, it makes others around them feel the same way. The happier you are the less circle of friends you have. It's not sad, it's joyful. It's better to relieve those who are toxic and just enjoy the friends and family who chose happiness. I always tell myself during hard times, if I want a better life I can make it happen. My husband and I both support each other and when one is wrong, we help each other understand why, not judge or criticize each other. It takes a team. Same with friends, support one another, because whatever you give into this world is what you get back. As most people call it, karma. 

I am stronger than what it may look like. I've been through more things in my life than one should before they are 30. I understand that people make mistakes, and I remember that sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt me. Well, this time these words hurt. They dug deep, but I have thick skin and in due time, all will be right and my mind can be at ease. I tell my kids everyday to make good choices, what kind of parent or person would I be by breaking that example, not a very good one. 

Food for thought - 

I WILL NOT CAUSE PAIN WITHOUT ALLOWING SOMETHING NEW TO BE BORN. SAYS THE LORD. 
ISAIAH 66:9 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Valeria
When we love something or someone we want to talk about it, share it and post it on FB. We love God, so we talk about Him, share Him and post on FB. What we did in the past has nothing to do with our love for God. We love. Him and no matter what He loves us. Please keep sharing your love for the truth, God!
Linda C